Quick Help

Knowledgebase is a categorized collection of answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ) and articles. You can read articles in this category or select a subcategory that you are interested in.

 My visa has expired. How do I restore my status as a visitor?


In some cases, if you are still within the 90-day period following the expiry of your status, you can apply to restore it.

To do this, you will need to:

  • Complete an Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada as a Visitor,
    • On form IMM 5708, under section 3, select Restoration of temporary resident status as a visitor.
    • Give details of your situation and the reason you stayed in Canada longer than allowed.
    • Pay the required fees.
  • To submit your application, you can:
    • Apply online, or
    • Send your application to the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, Alberta.