Knowledgebase is a categorized collection of answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ) and articles. You can read articles in this category or select a subcategory that you are interested in.
Study Permit Renewal Guide
The study permit is the official immigration document that authorizes you to study legally in Canada. It must be valid throughout your studies in Canada. You must also meet the conditions of your study permit in order to remain in Canada as a student.
If your study permit will expire before you complete your program of studies, you must:
Checklist for Study Permit Renewal:
1) Canadian ID (Driver License, Provincial ID and Health Card)
2) Original - Current Valid Passport
3) Entry / Exit Stamps on Passport
4) Proof of Payment - $150
5) Copy of current Study Visa
6) Copy of current Study Permit / Old Study Permit(s)
7) Digital Photo - Specifications
8) Photocopy - Accepted Offer letter from Education Institution
9) Photocopy - Letter from Education Institution confirming enrollment and continued education
10) Photocopy - Most recent evidence of tuition fee paid
11) Photocopy - Bank Balance letter from Canadian bank / Bank from your account and your parents in the home country, if applicable
12) 3-month statements from Canada / Home Country
13) Photocopy - Evidence of current employment in Canada (if applicable) [ie: offer letter, pay slips]
14) Proof of rent paid / lease agreement / dormitory fee paid
NOTE: This is a generic checklist. Your situation may warrant a more detailed list.
Please follow the instructions in the link below to submit your study permit renewal application:
OR, you may contact us for professional help.
Migration Bureau Canada